While snowboarding can be incredibly fun, it can also be dangerous and difficult. Unpredictable weather conditions are one of the main factors to remember while snowboarding, which is why having the right gear is more important than you think.
Besides your snowboard, binding, and boots, you must also have the right snowboarding jacket to protect you in the chilly weather. Unfortunately, as a woman, it’s hard to find versatile snowboarding jacket options which combine affordability, durability, and appearance.
Luckily, we’ve gathered a list of the best snowboarding jackets for women to try out in 2022. So keep reading to find out their highlights and a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you take the right pick.
Top 10 Snowboard Jackets for Women in 2022
Here are the ten best snowboarding jackets you can get for women in 2022, along with their highlights.
1.Gamma Jacket for Women
Built from the strongest material in the world, the Gamma Jacket is a graphene-infused jacket made to last. The jacket has Graphene distributed around its latticed structure, evenly distributing heat around your body. As a result, its construction is lightweight, all-seasonal, super-durable, and breathable.
With Gamma’s technology, you can supercharge your jacket with the push of a button, exploring three adjustable heat settings for your desired level of comfort. In addition, the infusion of Graphene in this jacket makes it extra-durable, scratch-resistant, waterproof, and thermoregulating.
- Multifunctional with a 10-pocket system
- Uniform heat distribution
- Antimicrobial and anti-odor Graphene-powered layer
- Lightweight and ultra-thin
Breathable and moisture-wicking
2.Black Diamond Recon Stretch Ski Shell
The Black Diamond Recon Stretch Ski Shell jacket is made from a durable four-way stretch fabric with Black Diamond’s waterproof/breathable solution. It has endless pockets, including a chest pocket to hold essentials, two mesh internal drop pockets, a Lift Pass pocket on the left arm, and DWR-treated Pit zips for ventilation.
This jacket is ideal for snowboarding on stormy days, as it features a ski-helmet compatible hood and a removable internal powder skirt for added versatility.
- Built with engineered waterproof/breathable/windproof solution
- DWR treated pit zips for ventilation
- Made from 4-way stretch shell fabric
- Includes removable internal powder skirt
Available in multiple styles
3.Norrona Lyngen Dri2 thermo60 Jacket
The Norrona Lyngen Dri2 thermo60 Jacket is ideal for skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, and generally icy situations. Made from recycled fibers and Oeko-Tex certified fabric, the jacket ensure breathability and durability, protecting you from the elements.
It also features a storm hood fitted for a freeride helmet with one-hand adjustment and mid-mounted pockets with water-resistant zippers. Its ultra-lightweight construction allows for a complete range of motion and flexibility, while the synthetic insulation keeps you warm on icy days.
- Made from recycled fibers
- Storm hood fitted for freeride helmet with one-hand adjustment
- Built with Oeko-Tex Certified fabric
- Mid-mounted pockets with water-resistant zippers
- Asymmetric longer back cut and articulated elbows
You may also like: Why Was the Self Heating Jacket Invented?
4. Patagonia Women’s DAS Light Hoody
The Patagonia Women’s DAS Light Hoody is made from recycled nylon and polyester and designed using PlumaFIll synthetic insulation, so you can count on a lightweight construction that guarantees warmth.
Snowboarding requires you to stay efficient in extremely icy weather, which is its coated shell is ideal for enhanced weather resistance. Plus, when the jacket is not in use, you can fold it into a small pack and carry it in your bag.
- Made from recycled nylon and polyester
- Designed using PlumaFill synthetic insulation
- Ultralightweight and water-resistant
- Coated shell for enhanced weather resistance
Folds into a small pack
5. Trew Stella Jacket
According to their mantra, the Trew Stella Jacket has everything you need and nothing you need. The signature TREW burly construction and materials in this jacket make it the most reliable and durable pick on the market. Plus, its endless list of features is only a bonus!
That includes a large hood with built-in elastic and single-point adjustment, water-resistant zips on all exposed openings, a removable powder skirt, 16-inch pit vents, and internal mesh skin pockets.
- Large hood with built-in elastic and single-point adjustment
- Includes a removable powder skirt
- Water-resistant zips on all exposed openings
- Signature TREW burly construction
16” pit vents and internal mesh skin pockets
6. Adidas Terrex Resort Three-In-One Jacket
Composed of 100% recycled fiber, the Adidas Terrex Resort Three-In-One Jacket has everything you need in a snowboarding jacket. The PrimaLoft Insulation x Parley Ocean Plastic allows the jacket to dry faster and provide better performance while the RAIN. In addition, RDY materials in the outer shell protect you from moisture.
The jacket’s features are endless and practical, including under-arm ventilation zips, an elastic powder skirt, and a fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood. Plus, its fashionable design helps you look fresh while focusing on your sport!
- Composed of 100% recycled fiber
- Includes elastic powder skirt
- Fast drying and high-performance PrimaLoft Insulation x Parley Ocean Plastic
- Under-arm ventilation zips
The outer shell is crafted with RAIN.RDY materials
7.The North Face Women’s A-Cad FUTURELIGHT Jacket
The North Face Women’s A-Cad FUTURELIGHT Jacket is made of a breathable, waterproof, seam-sealed Futurelight 3L shell. While its PFC-free durable water repellent construction keeps you warm and dry, the jacket’s nanospinning technology makes a waterproof and exceptionally breathable membrane.
Its features include a helmet-compatible drop hood with riveted cord lock 2-way adjustment system, VISLON center front zips, internal waist adjusters, Adjustable Velcro cuff tabs, and jacket-to-pant integration for a seamless barrier against the snow.
- Built with 3-layer FUTURELIGHT fabric
- PFC-free durable water repellent
- Nanospinning technology for waterproof and exceptionally breathable membrane
- Helmet-compatible drop hood with riveted cord lock 2-way adjustment system
Jacket-to-pant integration for a seamless barrier against snow
8.Burton AK 2L Gore-Tex
The Burton AK 2L Gore-Tex is the ideal fit for those that need something lightweight but protective. Its 2L Gore-Tex waterproofing technology works with the fully taped seams and GORE-SEAM to seal out water and keep you dry and warm.
Other than that, its features include an internal storm flap on the center front, mesh-lined hand-warmer pockets for ventilation, a chafe-free chin guard, an adjustable hood, and an adjustable hook-and-loop cuff for a custom fit.
- 2L Gore-Tex waterproofing
- Fully taped seams with GORE-SEAM seals out water
- Internal storm flap on the center front
- Mesh-lined hand-warmer pockets for ventilation
Adjustable hook-and-loop cuff for a custom fit
9.Arc’teryx Beta AR Jacket
The Arc’teryx Beta AR Jacket is the ideal pick for backcountry snowboarding, offering advanced gear in the form of a simple and lightweight snowboarding jacket. In addition, its 00D/80D Nylon Face Fabric with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish guarantees no moisture inside the apparel, ultimately keeping you warm.
Plus, its three-layer lightweight membrane and breathability rating of 6 allows flexibility and efficiency while you focus on your sport. The best part is its availability in six different colors!
- 00D/80D Nylon Face Fabric with Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish
- Waterproof rating of 28,000
- Breathability rating of 6
- Ideal for backcountry snowboarding
3-layer lightweight membrane
10.MOERDENG Women’s Snowboarding Jacket
The MOERDENG Women’s Snowboarding Jacket is everything you need if you’re on a budget and looking for a durable snowboarding jacket for women. Its construction is lightweight yet long-lasting, featuring professional water repellent coating, while the inner wear-resistant soft shell is highly wind-resistant.
Its features include a fluff lining, adjustable cuffs to seal, and a Velcro-adjustable hood to keep warm. In addition, the jacket is available in 14 different colors and styles.
- Professional water repellent coating
- Multipurpose lightweight ski jacket for all winter sports
- Inner wear-resistant soft shell is highly wind-resistant
- Available in 14 different colors and styles
- Adjustable cuffs help to seal and keep warm
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Snowboarding Jacket for Women
Certain elements make for the best snowboarding jackets, some of which are as follows.
- Waterproofing: The right snowboarding jacket keeps you warm by preventing moisture from contacting your skin. Investing in high-end Gore-Tex or equivalent shells can make a world of difference in staying dry and warm.
- Durability: As you’ll be wearing your snowboarding jacket in extreme weather conditions, you need it to last. Make sure your jacket is made from durable materials such as Graphene and scores high on the Denier scale. While 100D is ideal, 70D is also sufficient if you’re on a budget.
- Breathability: To ensure warmth, some snowboarding jackets lose their breathability factor. Opt for a lightweight snowboarding jacket to help you focus more on your sport and less on breathing. Three-layer builds such as Gore-Tex and AscentShell make for more lightweight jackets than other options on the market.
- Insulation: Keeping you warm is your snowboarding jacket’s main purpose, so opt for jackets with a built-in heating system. In addition, a secondary heating system such as heating coils may help you stay efficient and warm in sub-zero temperatures.
Specialized snowboarding apparel, including boots, socks, gloves, and jackets, while snowboarding is a crucial, unskippable step while prepping for the sport. Not only do they protect you from injuries, but they also keep you warm during the icy weather.
Now that you’ve read our buyer’s guide and top picks for a snowboarding jacket, you can pick the right one according to your preferences. Don’t forget to check out Wear Graphene and their latest deals for the Gamma Jacket to get winter-ready in style.
You may also like: Best Men Sports Jackets Online 2022 | Ski, Graphene Jacket and More!